There are several ways you can access the product feed to integrate the product feeds onto your custom website. We have outlined the various methods below.
Using the Richard Cannon Jewelry Web Service/API
You can make use of the web service to programmatically download and consume the product data. The advantage of this will be having a live feed in place with updated inventory data instead of manually maintaining any updates to a product feed. You also have the option to consume the feed with your own custom titles and descriptions that you can provide in bulk via an excel sheet.
- Once you have created your product feed, copy the unique access key associated with
- Write a program that downloads the feed to your server and database.
Following versions are avaliable in API
- 3. Add a web service reference to your program by adding the following URL: http://rcjewelry.com/webapi3/productfeedversion3.asmx
- 4. Use following method to consume the feed:
- Use the GenarateXML method and access key parameter to consume the feed in your
program which will return resonse as XML string of list of inventory items.
- 3. Add a web service reference to your program by adding the following URL: http://rcjewelry.com/webapi/productfeed.asmx
- 4. Use one of the below methods to consume the feed:
- Use the GetFeedData method and access key parameter to consume the feed in your
program which will return an object with list of inventory items. The method should
be initialized prior to calling of GetFeedData using the method InitializeFeed
- Use the GetFeed method and access key parameter to consume the feed in your program
which will return an object with list of inventory items.
- Use the GetFeedXML method and access key parameter to consume the feed in your program
which will return resonse as XML string of list of inventory items.
- b) Use the GetFeedWithCustomTitle method to consume the feed with your own custom
product Title and Description. To use this option, use an Excel file to populate the custom title and descriptions
for the stock numbers in your feed, and then pass this excel file to this method.
You can download and save the excel
template to use here.
GetFeedWithCustomTitle(accessKey, fileName, fileData)
accessKey is the unique access key for your product feed.
fileName is a the file name of the excel file that you are using with the
fileData is the system object value for an excel application object, in byte
e.g., in C#.net, one way to write this would be:
byte fileData = File.ReadAllBytes(string filepath);
We recommend that you update the feed stream once every day to ensure you have the
latest product data on your web site/application.
Using .XLS/.XML Feed
You can make use of the downloaded feed to programmatically parse the data such that it can be imported to your product catalog.